RENTING OF OBSERVATORIES: HOSTING
Enjoy the feeling of having your own observatory: At e-EyE, we have constructed high-end modules of individual observatories so that professional and amateur astronomers from all over the world can remotely control their telescopes from anywhere in the world. We employ the most cutting-edge technology and general infrastructure necessary for the robotisation and control of each observatory.
e-EyE gives you the window through which you can discover the Universe.
What does e-EyE Hosting offer you
Each client feels completely isolated in their own robotic observatory. In our Hosting service, we include robotisation of the roof.
Via e-EyE’s web service, you will get to know the state of the sky – the meteorological conditions of the e-EyE complex. Average SQM of 21.7 and Seeing of under 2 Arcseconds.
3 x 3 metres of space
High-end observatories to host telescopes up to 24″ of aperture, whichever optical design (Refractors, SCT, RC, etc) or mount design (German Equatorial, Alt-Azimuth, etc): Robust pier columns especially designed to hold any and all astronomical equipment.
24-hour security and insurance cover
Insurance cover against vandalism, theft and damages caused by adverse weather conditions. 24-hour security provided by a complex network of CCTV cameras and gates connected directly to the police.
Clear nights per year
Between 250 and 270 clear nights per year.
Personalised assistance at the installations provided by e-EyE staff, to perform maintenance and provide guidance.
Fibre optic Internet connection
High-speed symmetric Internet connection via fibre optic.
OTHER ASTRONOMICAL SERVICES
Installation / Advice
In the implementation of astronomical equipment and instrumentation.
Collaboration and consultation with businesses in technology
In any relevant area: robotisation, instrumentation, astronomical equipment, observatories.
Observatory maintenance packages
We offer various options for maintenance work by the hour.
Collaborative research programme between e-EyE and our clients and collaborators. e-EyE offers collaborative research work accredited by various levels of implementation and services.
INSTALLATIONS / EQUIPMENT
Via careful technical design, we have been able to optimise the physical parameters in the observatories to eliminate any vibrations that can affect the mount and prevent thermal air currents. We have also been able to thermally isolate the observatories to protect optics against high external temperatures.
Many of the solutions employed have been designed in-house, based on many years experience constructing observatories.
- Connection to the PC via a single USB port.
- ASCOM driver, which allows full control over the observatory via other commercial software.
- Allows the opening and closing of the roll-off roof, or opening to any point along the way.
- Control of trapezoidal motor.
- Smooth start and stop.
- Configurable security mechanisms: Allows selection and definition of conditions through which the observatory closes automatically.
- Timer: Allows setting a time during which the observatory remains open (e.g. to ventilate), closing automatically afterwards.
- Atmospheric conditions: Closes automatically when commanded through a cloud cover or rain sensor (e.g. AAG CloudWatcher or similar).
- Loss of power: Closes automatically when the electrical supply fails (UPS-powered).
- Loss of communication: Closes automatically when connection to the PC is lost (e.g. system crash).
- Loss of Internet access: Closes automatically when the connection to the Internet is lost for a period of time.
All orders to close the observatory are preceded by an order to park the mount (depending on whether or not communication with the mount via the PC is possible at the time).
e-EyE: As close as you need, as far as you want
The location of the e-EyE Astronomical Complex has been selected based on multiple factors, which in combination, permit the practice of all aspects of Astronomy at the highest standard. The commitment for sustainable development and the inclusion of the town Fregenal de la Sierra in the Starlight project, guarantees the future quality of the sky. We have taken into account criteria such as:
- Low light pollution
- Good visibility of horizon in all quadrants
- Good natural cover against wind, guaranteeing low air turbulence and good Seeing
- Height above sea level of 560 m
- Availability of a good infrastructure of services
- Nearby Health Centre
- Ease of access
- No large urban centres nearby
- Environmental protection against future urban contamination
Geographical coordinates of e-EyE:
|Latitude 38°13’10.89″ North|
|Longitude 6°37’54.32″ West|
|Altitude: 560 m.a.s.l.|
The e-EyE Astronomical Complex is situated at the apex of the road network between Spain and Portugal, one and a half hours from the International Airport of Seville, four hours from the International Airport of Madrid and three hours from the International Airport of Lisboa.
José Luis Quiñones: + 34 609 551 032
Cristina Fabo Induráin: + 34 609 068 715